Acquaintance with National Organization of Educational Testing
Introducing the National Organization of Educational Testing
In order to solve the problems related to student selection, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education established the center of test assessment in Bahman 1347 (January, 1969) to develop and implement the rules of admission to higher education with the coolaboration of the universities.
As the number of applicants to higher education increased and the universities and institutions related to higher education expanded, it was necessary to found a larger organization with specific tasks for the student selection, therefore the National Organization of Educational Testing with three Deputies- Technical and Research, Executive, and Supervision on Universities Affairs- was approved in Bahman 1354 and continued its tasks until 1395 (2017).
In 1360 (1981), based on the integration of organizations affiliated to the ministry, the NOET was dissolved and its duties awarded to the Head Department of Student Selection in the area of Academic Students deputy of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. Due to the volume of research and administrative activities especially in the field of student selection, the NOET with three deputies- Executive, Technical and Research, and Selection was approved by the organization of administrative and employment affairs in Farvardin 1368, and its duties and approved posts were imparted in 28/6/1368 (September 18, 1989).
Due to extensive qualitative and quantitative tasks of the organization and with very few changes in the structure of organization with the aim of qualifying the manpower and increasing the research and expert posts, the NOET with three deputies- Executive, Technical and Statistical, and Test Research and Educational Evaluation (Assessment), based on clause 2 of Article 8 of the Employment Act was approved by the state organization for Administrative and Employment affairs in Bahman 1378 (January, 2009).
Objectives and Tasks of the NOET
- The establishment of an efficient system in education and testing.
- Providing identification possibilities and recognizing the great talents in various fields and contributing to their encouragement and support.
- Testing, measuring, and evaluating the knowledge of the applicants to higher education and various educational levels.
- Selecting and introducing the most qualified people to study at university and higher educational institutions.
- Holding all the entrance exams to universities and higher educational institutions directly or with the supervision of organization.
- Performing the tasks related to the conditions and criteria for students admission according to plans, programs and educational policies.
- Investigation and presenting appropriate methods of the measurement to assess the applicants, readiness and stuednt’s educational and scientific achievements.
- Doing necessary research for understanding and providing scientific methods to assess the education.
- Holding the exams required for governmental and nongovernmental organizations based on intended rules.
- Preparing and codifying, printing and publishing the books and journals required for applicants to higher education based on the results of conducted research.
- Estabishing a regular relationship with universities, the Ministry of Education and other institutions in order to coordinate to do affairs and conduct the programs related to student selection efficiently.
- Participating in the student's admission to university among foreign enthusiasts and volunteers based on the framework of government’s cultural policies.
- Holding the student’s scientific competitions in different fields and educational levels (Scientific Olympiad) at the national, regional, and international levels.
- Presenting the consulting services for applying the effective methods and educational measuring tools- helping training units to create centralized informational methods and taking advantage of them in the projects and research programs.
- Research in the field of measuring, evaluating the general knowledge, information and other personal abilities to predict the academic success of the students graduates and their social performance.
- Establishing the research- seicntific relationship with academic experts and institutions of higher education and research.
- Establishing the relationships and exchanging ideas with academic and research centers abroad which have similar duties.
- Participating in the training of skilled manpower required in the field of the educational measurement and evaluation.
- Evaluating the competencies of the applicants to higher education based on the regulations and eriterin approved by the competent authorities.
Organizational Chart of NOET